Check out how to make a sea turtle craft that floats!
World Turtle Day is on 23 May and to celebrate (or shall we say shellebrate) these remarkable reptiles, check out how to make a sea turtle craft that floats!
- Green craft foam
- Plastic containers from fruit or jelly
- Googly eyes [optional]
- Craft paint
Step 1: Paint the cup and allow to dry.
Step 2: Trace the turtle pattern above and below onto the green foam.
Step 3: Glue the cup onto the foam turtle.
Step 4: Add the googly eyes onto the turtle’s head.
Turtally awesome facts!
- Sea turtles have been on Earth for more than 220 million years.
- Unlike land tortoises, sea turtles can’t hide their heads and legs inside their shell.
- 6 out of 7 types of sea turtles are endangered.
- Leatherback turtles can travel more than 16,000km every year. That’s almost halfway around the world!
- The leatherback is the largest sea turtle and can weigh a whopping 900kg. That’s as much as a small car!