Our restaurants are currently trading under limited circumstances.
To our Spur Family,
We would like to thank you for the trust you place in us every time you choose to dine at our restaurants. These are unprecedented times for our industry, our country and the world. As a nation and one big family, we all need to play our part to minimise the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in our beloved country.
We would like to reassure you that the safety of our customers and staff is of utmost importance to us. For your information and peace of mind, we would like to inform you of the preventative measures that we have currently put in place:
• We have implemented the promotion of WHO and SA health authorities’ best practice guidelines for all staff and our franchisees.
• Our restaurant management and staff are regularly updated with all information related to the virus. Over and above the normal briefings we have implemented extra inspections that will focus on mitigating this threat.
• The cutlery is continually washed at an extremely high temperature with a specific cutlery sanitiser.
• As of 12 March 2020, we have cancelled international and local trips for all staff. This is an additional and immediate remedy to ensure we minimise the level of risk.
• Our staff are taking precautionary measures when interacting with patrons and when preparing food. We also have sanitation stations in all our restaurants and it is mandatory for all to wash their hands (with soap for at least 20 seconds) every hour.
• Staff hand (alcohol-based) sanitisation takes place every 30 minutes.
• We have also engaged with third party delivery suppliers, namely Uber Eats and Mr Delivery and they have assured us of all food safety measures they have implemented.
• We encourage our customers to take advantage of our sanitary stations located in the restaurants and at the front door.
• Staff members are being screened for any signs of illness and temperatures.
• All of our menus, tables, furniture and cutlery are sanitised after every sitting.
• Our credit card machines are sanitised, and we encourage digital payments such as Snapscan.
• There is no evidence that people are affected by the virus through food.
Our doors are still open and we look forward to welcoming you for that great Spur taste. If you prefer to dine at home, participating restaurants also offer a “Call and Collect” takeaway service, as well as home delivery through third party companies.
As always, your support at our restaurants is greatly appreciated. While there have been no changes to our national trading hours, kindly note that these hours may change under the discretion of the owner. Please keep an eye on your local Spur’s Facebook page and/or our website for changes or updates.Find your nearest Spur restaurant here.
The last round of alcohol will be served at 17h00 on weekdays and Saturdays, and at 12h00 on Sundays and Public holidays. As per the recently amended Disaster Management Act, no alcohol is to be served or consumed after 18h00 Mondays to Saturdays and 13h00 on Sundays/Public Holidays. Kindly note that some of our restaurants have made the decision not to serve liquor at all during this time, which is at the discretion of the owner. Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.
While nothing brings us more joy than to hear and see children having fun in our Play Canyon, we have made the decision to close all kids’ play areas until further notice. It is a top priority for us to ensure we take every preventative measure possible to keep our special little customers safe and healthy.
Unfortunately, no online bookings for Spur will be accepted until further notice. We’ll keep you updated should this change.
We have reduced the seating capacity in all of our restaurants to ensure we maintain a level of no more than 50 individuals (including staff) in our restaurant at any given time, as per the recently amended Disaster Management Act. Although there’ll be fewer people around, you’re still guaranteed to experience that warm and friendly atmosphere you’ve come to know and love at Spur!
Kindly note that all guests dining in our restaurants are required by lawto complete a register, which includes information such as name, address, next of kin, ID number etc. This will only be used for the purpose of contact tracing at the request of health officials. Customers can also choose to opt- in to receive marketing from Spur, should you wish to stay up to date with our latest news, specials and information. We respect your privacy and your details will only be used for Spur's marketing purposes.
Should you need to contact us regarding any incident at one of our restaurants or if you have any questions, please contact the Spur Manager on duty or contact our Customer Care on 0860 007787 or email [email protected]
A heartfelt thank you to you, our loyal customers, for the support and understanding. In the words of our president: "If we act together, if we act now, and if we act decisively, we will overcome it."
The Spur Family